Amber Valley Vineyard
Bronze Rated VineyardOne or more blocks of this vineyard are Bronze RatedAbout Everyvine vineyard ratings
Amber Valley Winery LLC
Amber Valley Vineyard
- Planted Area
21833 Robledo RoadPalo Cedro, CA, 96073
Grape DetailsVarietals: Viognier, Black Muscat, Dolcetto, Muscat Canelli, Syrah, Grenache, Mourvèdre (Mataro), Muscat Blanc (Muscat Canelli), Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Ruby Cabernet, ZinfandelVine Age: 5.6 years (average)Wine Regions:
Vineyard SizeTotal: 1.65 acresPlanted: 1.49 acresIn Development Area: 0.16 acres
Wine HistoryGrapes from these blocks have been used in the following wines:
|1.||Poor Ranch Zinfandel (2013)||$18|
|2.||Ruby Cabernet (2013)||$ -|
|3.||Cabernet Sauvignon (2013)||$32|
|6.||Amber Valley Mourvedre (2013)||$10|
|7.||Amber Valley Syrah (2013)||$10|
|8.||Amber Valley Muscat (2013)||$10|
|9.||Amber Valley Viognier (2013)||$10|
|10.||Amber Valley Viognier (2012)||$10|
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||2034.67|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (15)
- Block: 1 - Genesis Viognier (0.1 acres)Grape: Viognier501.16 ft. | AndersonView block details
- Block: 10 - Black muscat (0.02 acres)Grape: Black Muscat500.43 ft. | Anderson, SpreckelsView block details
- Block: 11 - Dolcetto (0.02 acres)Grape: Dolcetto500.27 ft. | Anderson, SpreckelsView block details
- Block: 2 - Genesis Muscat (0.08 acres)Grape: Muscat Canelli500.71 ft. | AndersonView block details
- Block: 3 - Genesis Syrah(0.08 acres)Grape: Syrah500.28 ft. | AndersonView block details
- Block: 4 - Genesis Grenache (0.08 acres)Grape: Grenache499.7 ft. | AndersonView block details
- Block: 5 - Genesis Mourvedre (0.06 acres)Grape: Mourvèdre (Mataro)499.1 ft. | AndersonView block details
- Block: 6 - East Grenache (0.08 acres)Grape: Grenache498.06 ft. | AndersonView block details
- Block: 7 - East Syrah(0.06 acres)Grape: Syrah498.58 ft. | AndersonView block details
- Block: 8 - South Muscat (0.25 acres)Grape: Muscat Blanc (Muscat Canelli)501.23 ft. | Anderson, SpreckelsView block details
- Block: 9 - North Sangiovese (0.16 acres)Status: In DevelopmentGrape: Sangiovese505.31 ft. | Anderson, SpreckelsView block details
- Block: J-Cab (0.19 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon513.27 ft. | ChurnView block details
- Block: J-Merlot (0.14 acres)Grape: Merlot513.32 ft. | ChurnView block details
- Block: J-Ruby (0.17 acres)Grape: Ruby Cabernet513.24 ft. | ChurnView block details
- Block: J-Zin(0.16 acres)Grape: Zinfandel513.42 ft. | ChurnView block details
About Amber Valley Vineyard
Amber Valley Vineyards currently has 2.2 acres under vine. We are growing muscat, viognier, syrah, grenache noir, mourvedre, dolcetto and black muscat.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 2362Created Date: May 31, 2012Edit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionLocked: Only the owner may edit this vineyard
Contact-Us if you would like to request the ability to edit this vineyard
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.â American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.