Georges III Vineyard
Platinum Rated VineyardOne or more blocks of this vineyard are Platinum RatedAbout Everyvine vineyard ratings
Georges III Vineyard
- Planted Area
8600 Conn Creek RoadNapa, CA, 94558
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 243.23 acres
Wine HistoryGrapes from these blocks have been used in the following wines:
|1.||Myriad Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Georges Iii Vineyard (2008)||$75|
|2.||Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer George III Vineyard (2008)||$290||97|
|3.||Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer George III Vineyard (2009)||$ -|
|4.||Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer George III Vineyard (2007)||$275||97+|
|5.||Sojourn Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer Vineyard George Iii (2008)||$95||93|
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1975.96|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (21)
- Block: 1 (9.42 acres)Grape: Unknown170.36 ft. | Boomer, PerkinsView block details
- Block: 10 (17.75 acres)Grape: Unknown153.19 ft. | Clear Lake, Cortina, PleasantonView block details
- Block: 11 (5.37 acres)Grape: Unknown150.25 ft. | Clear Lake, Cortina, PleasantonView block details
- Block: 12 (9.02 acres)Grape: Unknown150.52 ft. | Cole, PleasantonView block details
- Block: 13 (7.07 acres)Grape: Unknown147.58 ft. | PleasantonView block details
- Block: 14 (13.44 acres)Grape: Unknown148.68 ft. | Clear Lake, Cortina, PleasantonView block details
- Block: 15 (15.63 acres)Grape: Unknown140.91 ft. | Clear Lake, CortinaView block details
- Block: 16 (7.87 acres)Grape: Unknown142.76 ft. | ColeView block details
- Block: 17 (7.64 acres)Grape: Unknown144.84 ft. | ColeView block details
- Block: 18 (9.03 acres)Grape: Unknown146.56 ft. | ColeView block details
- Block: 19 (3.89 acres)Grape: Unknown147.46 ft. | ColeView block details
- Block: 2 (24.83 acres)Grape: Unknown159.87 ft. | Perkins, PleasantonView block details
- Block: 20 (7.12 acres)Grape: Unknown143.33 ft. | ColeView block details
- Block: 21 (5.38 acres)Grape: Unknown143.63 ft. | ColeView block details
- Block: 3 (6.81 acres)Grape: Unknown165.5 ft. | Boomer, PerkinsView block details
- Block: 4 (24.73 acres)Grape: Unknown161.79 ft. | Boomer, Cole, Perkins, PleasantonView block details
- Block: 5 (5.91 acres)Grape: Unknown154.79 ft. | Cole, Perkins, PleasantonView block details
- Block: 6(25.13 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon154.53 ft. | Cole, PleasantonView block details
- Block: 7 (11.31 acres)Grape: Unknown156.11 ft. | Cortina, PleasantonView block details
- Block: 8 (20.02 acres)Grape: Unknown152.49 ft. | Cortina, PleasantonView block details
- Block: 9 (5.86 acres)Grape: Unknown155.83 ft. | Cortina, PleasantonView block details
About Georges III Vineyard
Historical records show that a portion of this vineyard was planted in 1895 by Mrs. Thomas Rutherford. This 300-acre parcel first purchased by Beaulieu founder Georges de Latour in 1928 and called Beaulieu Vineyard Number 3, was the home to BVís Rutherford Cabernets made by the renowned winemaker Andre Tchelistcheff. These wines achieved wide acclaim in the 1960ís and 70ís, establishing BVís pre-eminence in the making of fine Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Purchased by Beckstoffer Vineyards in 1988, the vineyard has since been replanted using new Cabernet Sauvignon clones with tighter spacing and advanced trellising systems, enhancing both quality and grape tonnage. In 2009 181 acres were placed under a land conservation esement that forever prohibits non-agricultural development. Vineyard Georges III is today home to the main offices of Beckstoffer Vineyards.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 3131Created Date: January 6, 2013Edit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionUnlocked: Anyone may edit this vineyard
If you are the owner of this vineyard you can lock editing. If locked, a vineyard is not editable by anyone other than the owner. You can lock the vineyard on this page
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.‚ÄĚ American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.