To Kalon Vineyard
To Kalon Vineyard
- Planted Area
8181 St Helena HwyNapa, CA, 94558
- Everyvine Rating
Not ratedEveryvine has not found enough evidence to rate this vineyard. Learn more...
Grape DetailsVarietals: Cabernet, Cabernet FrancVine Age: 20.8 years (average)Wine Regions: Napa Valley, North Coast, Oakville
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 81.68 acres
Wine HistoryGrapes from these blocks have been used in the following wines:
|1.||Test Pinot (2014)||$89||5|
Farm CertificationsCertified: USDA Organic
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1992.69|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (13)
- Block: A1 (11.44 acres)Grape: Cabernet158.82 ft. | BaleView block details
- Block: A2 (7.93 acres)Grape: Cabernet156.6 ft. | BaleView block details
- Block: B1 (10.67 acres)Grape: Cabernet163.66 ft. | BaleView block details
- Block: B2 (7.11 acres)Grape: Cabernet161.19 ft. | BaleView block details
- Block: C1 (11.01 acres)Grape: Cabernet170.14 ft. | BaleView block details
- Block: C2 (7.07 acres)Grape: Cabernet167.1 ft. | BaleView block details
- Block: D1 (4.21 acres)Grape: Cabernet175.16 ft. | BaleView block details
- Block: D2 (4.33 acres)Grape: Cabernet173.45 ft. | BaleView block details
- Block: E1 (4.55 acres)Grape: Cabernet178.23 ft. | BaleView block details
- Block: E2 (4.07 acres)Grape: Cabernet179.2 ft. | BaleView block details
- Block: F1 (4.92 acres)Grape: Cabernet182.12 ft. | BaleView block details
- Block: F2A (2.5 acres)Grape: Cabernet Franc184.35 ft. | BaleView block details
- Block: F2B (1.87 acres)Grape: Cabernet Franc185.95 ft. | BaleView block details
About To Kalon Vineyard
Perhaps the most famous of the Beckstoffer vineyards, Beckstoffer To Kalon was purchased from Beaulieu Vineyard in 1993. Napa pioneer Hamilton Crabb first planted the vineyard in 1868, and it has produced some of the Napa Valley's best red grapes ever since. Replanted in 1994 to multiple clones of Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc with modern trellising and closer vine spacing, the vineyard produces several highly coveted vineyard-designated wines. In 2007 the property was placed under a land conservation easement that forever prohibits non-agricultural development.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 2304Created Date: UnknownEdit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionUnlocked: Anyone may edit this vineyard
If you are the owner of this vineyard you can lock editing. If locked, a vineyard is not editable by anyone other than the owner. You can lock the vineyard on this page
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.” American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.