Platinum Rated Vineyard BlockAbout Everyvine vineyard ratings
- Block Name
- Planted Area
- Wine Regions
Grape DetailsVarietal: Cabernet SauvignonClone: UnknownRootstock: ownVine Age: 29 yearsStatus: Planted
Vineyard block planted and producing fruit
Block DesignRow Spacing: 9Row Orientation: UnknownVine Spacing: 5Vine Training System: VSP Trellis
ManagementAnnual Grape Production: 14 TonsRenewable Energy Used: UnknownDate Planted: January 1, 1991
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard block are currently available...
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Month||Solar Radiation (WH/m2)|
|Ave. Annual Temperature||52.3 °F|
|Ave. Growing Season Temperature||64.9 °F|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1653.77|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
|Month||High (°F)||Low (°F)||Rainfall (in.)|
Soil ComponentComponent Name/Kind: Sheppard, Blackston, Turley / Taxadjunct, SeriesMapunit Name/Kind: Sheppard fine sandy loam, 0 to 2 percent slopes, Blackston very gravelly loam, 5 to 25 percent slopes, Turley clay loam, 2 to 5 percent slopes / ConsociationTaxonomy:
- Class: Sandy, mixed, mesic Typic Torriorthents, Loamy-skeletal, mixed, superactive, mesic Typic Haplocalcids, Fine-loamy, mixed, active, calcareous, mesic Typic Torriorthents
- Order: Entisols, Aridisols
- Suborder: Fluvents
- Particle Size: fine-silty
Soil HorizonBedrock Depth: 0 cm
|Available Water Storage||cm|
|Avail. Water Capacity||0.14||-||0.15|
Soil Capability Classifications
|Land (Class/Subclass)||7 / s, c|
|Natural Drainage||Somewhat excessively drained, Well drained|
|Irrigated||2, 6, 3|
AdministrationBlock-ID: 15787Created Date: June 25, 2012Edit History: View Edit History of this Block
Edit PermissionLocked: Only the owner may edit this vineyard
Contact-Us if you would like to request the ability to edit this block
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.” American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.