White Bluffs Vineyard
White Bluffs Vineyard
- Planted Area
1081 Glenwood RoadPasco, WA, 99301
- Everyvine Rating
Not ratedEveryvine has not found enough evidence to rate this vineyard. Learn more...
Grape DetailsVarietals: Riesling, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc (Fumé blanc), Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Gris (Pinot Grigio), Cabernet Franc, Sangiovese, Syrah, ChardonnayVine Age: 10 years (average)Wine Regions: Columbia Valley
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 77.67 acres
Wine HistoryThere are currently no known wines associated with these grapes. Edit the vineyard blocks to add wines.
Farm CertificationsCertified: Low Input Viticulture & EnologyCertified: Salmon-Safe
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1475.02|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (16)
- Block: ABC (7.76 acres)Grape: Riesling800.74 ft. | Royal, Sagehill, Schlomer, WiehlView block details
- Block: Hillside (3.94 acres)Grape: Merlot808.26 ft. | Sagehill, WiehlView block details
- Block: Hillside (3.62 acres)Grape: Riesling817.97 ft. | WiehlView block details
- Block: Hillside (2.18 acres)Grape: Sauvignon Blanc (Fumé blanc)830.14 ft. | Sagehill, WiehlView block details
- Block: Hillside 1 (0.89 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon857.83 ft. | Sagehill, WiehlView block details
- Block: Hillside 2 (0.87 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon882.47 ft. | SagehillView block details
- Block: Hillside 3 (2.35 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon849.85 ft. | Sagehill, WiehlView block details
- Block: Norh (6.86 acres)Grape: Riesling892.57 ft. | Royal, SagehillView block details
- Block: North (5.76 acres)Grape: Pinot Gris (Pinot Grigio)890.85 ft. | SagehillView block details
- Block: Orchard (2.72 acres)Grape: Cabernet Franc853.88 ft. | Royal, SagehillView block details
- Block: Orchard (3.01 acres)Grape: Sangiovese838.12 ft. | SagehillView block details
- Block: Orchard Syrah (2.86 acres)Grape: Syrah863.06 ft. | Royal, SagehillView block details
- Block: River (8.01 acres)Grape: Syrah777.21 ft. | Royal, Sagehill, Schlomer, WiehlView block details
- Block: West (11.23 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon888.13 ft. | Royal, SagehillView block details
- Block: West (6.29 acres)Grape: Chardonnay894.6 ft. | Royal, SagehillView block details
- Block: West (9.32 acres)Grape: Merlot865.58 ft. | Royal, SagehillView block details
About White Bluffs Vineyard
White Bluffs Vineyard sits atop the Columbia River about 15 miles north of Richland, Washington. The Bluffs appear to be White in color when looked upon from a distance. This effect is due to the Ringold Formation which is ancient lake bed sediment formed millions of years ago. The Ringold Formation consists mainly of sandstone to a depth of 500+ feet down to basalt bedrock. The surrounding lake bed sediment that was in the Columbia Basin was washed away during the cataclysmic Missoula Floods making the White Bluffs area a unique growing region in the world. White Bluffs Vineyard 1 operates within the Columbia Valley AVA.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 21072Created Date: March 6, 2014Edit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionUnlocked: Anyone may edit this vineyard
If you are the owner of this vineyard you can lock editing. If locked, a vineyard is not editable by anyone other than the owner. You can lock the vineyard on this page
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.â€ť American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.