- Planted Area
45925 NW Hartwick RoadBanks, OR, 97106
- Everyvine Rating
Not ratedEveryvine has not found enough evidence to rate this vineyard. Learn more...
Grape DetailsVarietals: Pinot Noir, Riesling, Pinot Gris (Pinot Grigio), MuscatVine Age: 23.4 years (average)Wine Regions: Willamette Valley
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 20.19 acres
Wine HistoryThere are currently no known wines associated with these grapes. Edit the vineyard blocks to add wines.
Farm CertificationsCertified: Salmon-Safe
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1132.56|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (11)
- Block: 1 (1.11 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir460.02 ft. | LaurelwoodView block details
- Block: 10 (0.41 acres)Grape: Riesling459.3 ft. | LaurelwoodView block details
- Block: 11 (1.49 acres)Grape: Pinot Gris (Pinot Grigio)462.64 ft. | LaurelwoodView block details
- Block: 2 (2.65 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir449.11 ft. | LaurelwoodView block details
- Block: 3 (3.71 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir436 ft. | LaurelwoodView block details
- Block: 4 (4.19 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir397.41 ft. | Jory, LaurelwoodView block details
- Block: 5 (0.86 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir415.78 ft. | LaurelwoodView block details
- Block: 6 (0.88 acres)Grape: Pinot Gris (Pinot Grigio)404.59 ft. | LaurelwoodView block details
- Block: 7 (2.18 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir480.64 ft. | LaurelwoodView block details
- Block: 8 (1.21 acres)Grape: Riesling481.18 ft. | LaurelwoodView block details
- Block: 9 (1.5 acres)Grape: Muscat472.14 ft. | LaurelwoodView block details
About Windhill Vineyard
Elk Cove has produced single vineyard pinot noirs from this beautiful hillside vineyard in Banks, Oregon since 1979. Windhill Vineyard was planted near the Hartwick Resevoir in 1974 by the Reese family, Oregon winegrowing pioneers, and was purchased by Elk Cove in 1996. South-facing slopes, loess soil (Laurelwood/windblown silt), mid-level elevation (500 feet) and low yields make Windhill a superior vineyard site. In addition, this vineyard boasts some of the oldest grapevines in the Northern Willamette Valley, including the Pommard clone vines we use for our single vineyard Windhill Pinot Noir. Elk Cove has farmed Windhill using completely organic practices since 1999.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 967Created Date: UnknownEdit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionUnlocked: Anyone may edit this vineyard
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).