Platinum Rated VineyardOne or more blocks of this vineyard are Platinum RatedAbout Everyvine vineyard ratings
- Planted Area
Mile Marker 7.28 Santa Rosa RdLompoc, CA, 93436
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 115.39 acres
Wine HistoryGrapes from these blocks have been used in the following wines:
|1.||Anglim Winery Pinot Noir Fiddlestix Vineyard (2007)||$45||90|
|2.||Bonaccorsi Pinot Noir Fiddlestix Vineyard (2007)||$45||90|
|3.||Bonaccorsi Pinot Noir Fiddlestix Vineyard (2008)||$60||91|
|4.||Paul Lato Pinot Noir Sine Cera Fiddlestix Vineyard (2008)||$70||92+|
|5.||Paul Lato Pinot Noir Sine Cera Fiddlestix Vineyard (2007)||$500||93+|
|6.||Summerland Winery Pinot Noir Fiddlestix Vineyard (2007)||$50||88|
Farm CertificationsCertified: Sustainability in Practice
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1532.17|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (7)
- Block: 1 (12.52 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir260.82 ft. | Ballard, Gazos, Mocho, Santa YnezView block details
- Block: 1 (12.2 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir260.32 ft. | Ballard, Gazos, Mocho, Santa YnezView block details
- Block: 2 (23.5 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir255.17 ft. | Ballard, Botella, Gazos, MochoView block details
- Block: 3(15.77 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir255.32 ft. | Botella, MochoView block details
- Block: 4(26.07 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir267.21 ft. | Ballard, Botella, GazosView block details
- Block: 5 (13.31 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir308.63 ft. | Ballard, Botella, Gazos, Santa YnezView block details
- Block: 6(12.02 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir324 ft. | GazosView block details
About Fiddlestix Vineyard
Fiddlestix is the quintessential Pinot noir dream vineyard, in the fog-laden, cool climate Sta. Rita Hills AVA, at mile marker 7.28 on Santa Rosa Rd. In 1996, Kathy Joseph purchased what was a 133 acre “flower farm” and helped nurture the Sta. Rita Hills AVA granted in 2001. The soil is well-drained Gazos and Botella clay loam, loaded with chirt and Monterey shale. The 96 acre vineyard is designed to 32 mini-blocks, representing unique combinations of six clones and three rootstocks, at various elevations, exposures, and soil compositions. We sustainably nurture the vineyard and customize our faming in sync with vintage demands; yields are carefully controlled and we night harvest and field sort by hand. Our commitment is dedication to excellence in farming for wines of distinction, and for natural character specific to Fiddlestix Pinot noir and the Sta. Rita Hills.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 2081Created Date: UnknownEdit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionUnlocked: Anyone may edit this vineyard
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.ā€¯ American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).