Platinum Rated VineyardOne or more blocks of this vineyard are Platinum RatedAbout Everyvine vineyard ratings
- Planted Area
1978 West Zinfandel LaneSt Helena, CA, 94574
Grape DetailsVarietals: Cabernet SauvignonWine Regions: Napa Valley, North Coast, Rutherford, Saint Helena
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 59.66 acres
Wine HistoryGrapes from these blocks have been used in the following wines:
|1.||Flora Springs Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Reserve (2008)||$100||92|
|2.||Flora Springs Cabernet Sauvignon Rennie Reserve (2008)||$100||92|
|3.||Flora Springs Cabernet Sauvignon Rennie Reserve (2007)||$100||93+|
|4.||Flora Springs Cabernet Sauvignon Hillside Reserve (2007)||$100||95+|
|5.||Flora Springs Trilogy Red Blend (2008)||$65||91|
|6.||Flora Springs Trilogy Red Blend (2007)||$48.5||93|
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1959.86|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (17)
- Block: 1(4.39 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon215.3 ft. | Maxwell, PerkinsView block details
- Block: 10 (1.67 acres)Grape: Unknown223.05 ft. | Forward, MaxwellView block details
- Block: 11 (4.42 acres)Grape: Unknown225.47 ft. | Maxwell, PleasantonView block details
- Block: 12 (10.09 acres)Grape: Unknown247.5 ft. | Boomer, Maxwell, Montara, PleasantonView block details
- Block: 13 (5.32 acres)Grape: Unknown419.91 ft. | MontaraView block details
- Block: 14 (14.95 acres)Grape: Unknown200.52 ft. | Maxwell, PleasantonView block details
- Block: 15 (0.85 acres)Grape: Unknown222.12 ft. | Forward, PerkinsView block details
- Block: 16 (2.25 acres)Grape: Unknown243.53 ft. | Forward, PerkinsView block details
- Block: 17 (2 acres)Grape: Unknown201.22 ft. | Maxwell, PerkinsView block details
- Block: 2 (2.47 acres)Grape: Unknown223.08 ft. | Forward, Maxwell, PerkinsView block details
- Block: 3 (2.19 acres)Grape: Unknown214.22 ft. | Forward, MaxwellView block details
- Block: 4 (0.44 acres)Grape: Unknown325.9 ft. | ForwardView block details
- Block: 5 (0.5 acres)Grape: Unknown336.63 ft. | ForwardView block details
- Block: 6 (0.78 acres)Grape: Unknown344.94 ft. | ForwardView block details
- Block: 7 (1.13 acres)Grape: Unknown340.29 ft. | ForwardView block details
- Block: 8 (1.98 acres)Grape: Unknown333.65 ft. | ForwardView block details
- Block: 9 (4.23 acres)Grape: Unknown278.55 ft. | Forward, MaxwellView block details
About Komes Ranch
Flora Springs holds a unique card in the Napa Valley winery and vineyard landscape. The boundary between the Rutherford and St. Helena appellations runs through the middle of the Flora Springs estate, along the creek on the valley floor, and up through the hillside of the renown Rutherford bench.The Estate's diverse soil types, varying exposures and elevations, as well as varying clones and vine age, allows us to grow fruit worthy of our highest classification, Trilogy.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 2263Created Date: UnknownEdit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionUnlocked: Anyone may edit this vineyard
If you are the owner of this vineyard you can lock editing. If locked, a vineyard is not editable by anyone other than the owner. You can lock the vineyard on this page
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.” American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.