Fox Fire Farms
Fox Fire Farms
- Planted Area
5513 County Road 321Ignacio, CO, 81137
- Everyvine Rating
Not ratedEveryvine has not yet collected enough information about vineyards growing this grape varietal to publish significant results. Learn more...
Grape DetailsVarietals: Traminette, RieslingWine Regions:
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 6.82 acres
Wine HistoryGrapes from these blocks have been used in the following wines:
|1.||Fox Fire Farms Riesling (2012)||$16|
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1402.06|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (6)
- Block: 1 (1.87 acres)Grape: Unknown6487.35 ft. | Sili, ZymeView block details
- Block: 2 (0.87 acres)Grape: Traminette6479.56 ft. | SiliView block details
- Block: 3 (1.47 acres)Grape: Unknown6474.57 ft. | SiliView block details
- Block: 4 (1.54 acres)Grape: Unknown6469.39 ft. | SiliView block details
- Block: 5 (0.51 acres)Grape: Riesling6507.79 ft. | Sili, Rock outcropView block details
- Block: 6 (0.56 acres)Grape: Unknown6505.09 ft. | Sili, Rock outcropView block details
Fox Fire Farms; Southwest Colorado’s premier vineyard and winery , has a long history of being the southwest’s premier certified organic farm. Located 20 miles southeast of Durango and southwest of Pagosa Springs as part of an 1100 acre organic farm in a stunning Colorado setting.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 16661Created Date: UnknownEdit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionLocked: Only the owner may edit this vineyard
Contact-Us if you would like to request the ability to edit this vineyard
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.â€ť American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).