- Planted Area
750 oakville cross rdoakville, CA, 94562
- Everyvine Rating
Not ratedEveryvine has not found enough evidence to rate this vineyard. Learn more...
Grape DetailsVarietals: Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc (Fumé blanc), SémillonWine Regions: Napa Valley, North Coast, Oakville
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 97.54 acres
Wine HistoryThere are currently no known wines associated with these grapes. Edit the vineyard blocks to add wines.
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||2002.29|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (8)
- Block: 2 (14.66 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon129.68 ft. | Clear Lake, ColeView block details
- Block: 3 (11.5 acres)Grape: Sauvignon Blanc (Fumé blanc)127.53 ft. | Clear LakeView block details
- Block: 4B (11.31 acres)Grape: Sauvignon Blanc (Fumé blanc)130.5 ft. | Clear LakeView block details
- Block: 5 (8.9 acres)Grape: Sauvignon Blanc (Fumé blanc)132.24 ft. | Bale, Clear LakeView block details
- Block: 6 (11.26 acres)Grape: Sémillon130.77 ft. | Clear LakeView block details
- Block: 9 (9.5 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon123.76 ft. | Clear LakeView block details
- Block: Reserve 1 (19.98 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon128.16 ft. | Clear Lake, YoloView block details
- Block: Reserve 2 (10.43 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon124.97 ft. | Clear Lake, YoloView block details
About Oakville Vineyard
Our Vineyard Manager, Ben Benson, has been farming on this land since he joined Groth, as the first member of the team, in 1982. His 20 years of experience with the Groth estate has enabled us to make sure we have the perfect grape planted in the perfect location. We have matched soil types to rootstock, to grape clone, to trellising. Since 1996 Groth has replanted 90% of our vineyards. This major undertaking allows us to take advantage of the strides that have been reached in the viticulture community over the last decade, and combine them with our history with the land, to give us the ultimate combination between the grapes and the wine that we eventually make from them. You can view our periodical vineyard reports detailing such projects.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 3213Created Date: February 12, 2013Edit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionUnlocked: Anyone may edit this vineyard
If you are the owner of this vineyard you can lock editing. If locked, a vineyard is not editable by anyone other than the owner. You can lock the vineyard on this page
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.â American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.