Hahn Family Wines
Platinum Rated VineyardOne or more blocks of this vineyard are Platinum RatedAbout Everyvine vineyard ratings
Hahn Family Wines
- Planted Area
37700 Foothill RoadSoledad, CA, 93960
Grape DetailsVarietals: Pinot Noir, Syrah, MalbecWine Regions: Central Coast, Monterey, Santa Lucia Highlands
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 242.76 acres
Wine HistoryGrapes from these blocks have been used in the following wines:
|1.||Testarossa Pinot Noir Doctor's Vineyard (2008)||$54||89|
|2.||Wrath Syrah Doctor's Vineyard (2007)||$50||89+|
|3.||Wrath Syrah Doctor's Vineyard (2008)||$49||89+|
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1627.07|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (10)
- Block: 1 (19.8 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir393.29 ft. | Chualar, Xerorthents, dissectedView block details
- Block: 10 (4.48 acres)Grape: Syrah717.59 ft. | Chualar, PlacentiaView block details
- Block: 2 (43.58 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir496.13 ft. | Chualar, Placentia, Xerorthents, dissectedView block details
- Block: 3 (6.86 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir352.96 ft. | Chualar, Xerorthents, dissectedView block details
- Block: 4 (35.95 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir398.63 ft. | Chualar, PlacentiaView block details
- Block: 5 (4.31 acres)Grape: Malbec443.34 ft. | Chualar, PlacentiaView block details
- Block: 6(59.21 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir500.48 ft. | Arroyo Seco, Chualar, PlacentiaView block details
- Block: 7 (19.98 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir577.05 ft. | Arroyo Seco, Chualar, Placentia, Xerorthents, dissectedView block details
- Block: 8 (40.79 acres)Grape: Syrah649.52 ft. | Arroyo Seco, Chualar, Xerorthents, dissectedView block details
- Block: 9 (7.8 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir677.05 ft. | Chualar, Xerorthents, dissectedView block details
About Doctor's Vineyard
This is the youngest of the five vineyards of Hahn Winery. Its 243 acres just north of the winery are comprised of 11 different clones of Pinot Noir and 5 clones of Syrah.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 2549Created Date: UnknownEdit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionUnlocked: Anyone may edit this vineyard
If you are the owner of this vineyard you can lock editing. If locked, a vineyard is not editable by anyone other than the owner. You can lock the vineyard on this page
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.” American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.