Hannah Nicole Vineyards
- Planted Area
6700 Balfour RoadBrentwood, CA, 94513
- Everyvine Rating
Not ratedEveryvine has not found enough evidence to rate this vineyard. Learn more...
Grape DetailsVarietals: Mourvèdre (Mataro), Petite Sirah (Durif), Grenache, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Sauvignon Blanc (Fumé blanc), ViognierVine Age: 13.2 years (average)Wine Regions:
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 54.35 acres
Wine HistoryThere are currently no known wines associated with these grapes. Edit the vineyard blocks to add wines.
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1929.5|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (12)
- Block: 1 (1.84 acres)Grape: Mourvèdre (Mataro)45.3 ft. | Brentwood, CapayView block details
- Block: 2 (3.56 acres)Grape: Petite Sirah (Durif)45.92 ft. | Brentwood, CapayView block details
- Block: 3 (3.17 acres)Grape: Grenache44.78 ft. | Brentwood, CapayView block details
- Block: 4 (3.05 acres)Grape: Cabernet Franc42.41 ft. | CapayView block details
- Block: 6 (4.89 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon40.99 ft. | CapayView block details
- Block: 7 (1.07 acres)Grape: Malbec40.82 ft. | CapayView block details
- Block: 8 (4.06 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon40.81 ft. | CapayView block details
- Block: Cabernet Franc East (3.18 acres)Grape: Cabernet Franc41.28 ft. | CapayView block details
- Block: Merlot (15.75 acres)Grape: Merlot43.19 ft. | CapayView block details
- Block: Petit Verdot (1.7 acres)Grape: Petit Verdot42.1 ft. | CapayView block details
- Block: Sauvignon Blanc (6 acres)Grape: Sauvignon Blanc (Fumé blanc)42.05 ft. | CapayView block details
- Block: Viognier (6.08 acres)Grape: Viognier41.85 ft. | CapayView block details
Our vineyard is farmed sustainable with a strong emphasis on minimal impact and Biodiversity. We follow an integrated Pest Management Approach that offers biological options alongside proven low-dose applications of JMS Stylet Oil. We work with rotating cover crops, minimal till and manual weed management to push vine viability. We support our local EcoSystem by planting all headland with beneficial insect wildflowers and introduced Bee Colonies in early 2016. Our Farm Plan was established and is guided by John Derr Vineyard Consulting and our winemaker and viticulturist Julian Erggelet with technical support by KG Vineyard Management. We work by hand, prefer to work slow and detailed and avoid any strong mechanical impact on the vines. Irrigation is handled delicately and many blocks are dry farmed to slow maturity and push concentration. Average fruit yields are between 3 and 4 t/acre and controlled by clean suckering and vigorous fruit thinning. We believe that quality wine starts with quality fruit and invite any interested party to visit the vineyard and ask questions if uncertain.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 99956Created Date: UnknownEdit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionLocked: Only the owner may edit this vineyard
Contact-Us if you would like to request the ability to edit this vineyard
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.â American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.