Bronze Rated VineyardOne or more blocks of this vineyard are Bronze RatedAbout Everyvine vineyard ratings
- Planted Area
18596 Lomita AvenueSonoma, CA, 95476
Grape DetailsVarietals: Chardonnay, Pinot NoirVine Age: 27.8 years (average)Wine Regions: Moon Mountain District Sonoma County, North Coast, Sonoma Valley
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 44.11 acres
Wine HistoryThere are currently no known wines associated with these grapes. Edit the vineyard blocks to add wines.
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1784.96|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (15)
- Block: Ambassador's 1953 (3.9 acres)Grape: Unknown662.49 ft. | Raynor, Red HillView block details
- Block: Day 1 (0.93 acres)Grape: Unknown535.9 ft. | RaynorView block details
- Block: Day 2 (1.07 acres)Grape: Unknown521.32 ft. | RaynorView block details
- Block: Day 3 (2.52 acres)Grape: Unknown474.61 ft. | Goulding, RaynorView block details
- Block: de Brye 1 (7.91 acres)Grape: Unknown784.49 ft. | Red HillView block details
- Block: de Brye 2 (5.47 acres)Grape: Unknown731.72 ft. | Red HillView block details
- Block: de Brye 3 (1.37 acres)Grape: Unknown710.58 ft. | Red HillView block details
- Block: Ramos (4.51 acres)Grape: Chardonnay757.9 ft. | Red HillView block details
- Block: Sessions (4.47 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir571.2 ft. | Goulding, Red HillView block details
- Block: Zellerbach 1(7.33 acres)Grape: Chardonnay517 ft. | Raynor, Red HillView block details
- Block: Zellerbach 2(1.11 acres)Grape: Chardonnay514.05 ft. | Raynor, Red HillView block details
- Block: Zellerbach 3 (1.03 acres)Grape: Chardonnay546.98 ft. | RaynorView block details
- Block: Zellerbach 4 (0.85 acres)Grape: Chardonnay556.09 ft. | RaynorView block details
- Block: Zellerbach 5 (0.82 acres)Grape: Chardonnay574.38 ft. | RaynorView block details
- Block: Zellerbach 6 (0.82 acres)Grape: Chardonnay564.93 ft. | RaynorView block details
About Hanzell Vineyards
Hanzell Vineyards’ forty-four acres of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir are planted high on the mountain slopes of the Mayacamas Range overlooking the town of Sonoma. The property saddles this ridge with vineyards planted on both west-facing and east-facing slopes as well as on top of the ridge. Originally called Hanzell Farm, the Estate is comprised of the following vineyards – Ambassador’s 1953 Vineyard, Zellerbach Vineyard, Day Vineyard, de Brye Vineyard, Sessions Vineyard, and Ramos Vineyard. The original planting, the Ambassador’s 1953 Vineyard, continues to produce to this day and is now the oldest Pinot Noir vineyard and the oldest continuously producing Chardonnay vineyard in North America. The Hanzell Clone Pinot Noir and Hanzell Clone Chardonnay are regarded as important heritage clones of California and the bud wood has been propagated to establish other vineyards throughout California and Oregon.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 2990Created Date: October 18, 2012Edit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionUnlocked: Anyone may edit this vineyard
If you are the owner of this vineyard you can lock editing. If locked, a vineyard is not editable by anyone other than the owner. You can lock the vineyard on this page
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.ā€¯ American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.