Hawk Hill Vineyard
Silver Rated VineyardOne or more blocks of this vineyard are Silver RatedAbout Everyvine vineyard ratings
Hawk Hill Vineyard
Hawk Hill Vineyard
- Planted Area
201 Jonive RoadSebastopol, CA, 95472
Grape DetailsVarietals: Chardonnay, Pinot NoirVine Age: 23.5 years (average)Wine Regions: Green Valley, North Coast, Northern Sonoma, Russian River Valley, Sonoma Coast
Vineyard SizeTotal: 18.97 acresPlanted: 13.27 acresProposed: 5.7 acres
Wine HistoryGrapes from these blocks have been used in the following wines:
|1.||DeLoach Vineyards Hawk Hill Vineyard (2011)||$ -|
|2.||Schramsberg Brut Sonoma County Green Valley (2009)||$70||91|
|3.||Lynmar Estates Hawk Hill Vineyard Pinot Noir (2009)||$ -||92|
|4.||Williams Selyem Chardonnay Hawk Hill Vineyard (2007)||$500||91|
|5.||Joseph Swan Chardonnay Hawk Hill Vineyard (2011)||$ -|
|6.||Loxton Chardonay Hawk Hill Vineyard (2011)||$ -|
|7.||Williams Selyem Chardonnay Hawk Hill Vineyard (2008)||$ -||92|
|8.||Williams Selyem Chardonnay Hawk Hill Vineyard (2009)||$ -||90|
Farm CertificationsCertified: Sustainability in Practice
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1563.96|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (9)
- Block: 1(5.22 acres)Grape: Chardonnay512.94 ft. | GoldridgeView block details
- Block: 2(2.33 acres)Grape: Chardonnay487.28 ft. | GoldridgeView block details
- Block: 3(2.47 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir468.05 ft. | GoldridgeView block details
- Block: 4(3.25 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir444.03 ft. | GoldridgeView block details
- Block: 5 (0.3 acres)Status: ProposedGrape: Unknown509.72 ft. | GoldridgeView block details
- Block: 6 (0.56 acres)Status: ProposedGrape: Unknown494.24 ft. | GoldridgeView block details
- Block: 7 (2.07 acres)Status: ProposedGrape: Unknown524.03 ft. | GoldridgeView block details
- Block: 8 (1.4 acres)Status: ProposedGrape: Unknown564.28 ft. | GoldridgeView block details
- Block: 9 (1.37 acres)Status: ProposedGrape: Unknown588.89 ft. | GoldridgeView block details
About Hawk Hill Vineyard
This unique property consist of 26.9 acres with 13+ acres planted to premium Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes which are sold to some of the highest quality wine makers in the state. The property is located in “West Sonoma County”, 8 miles from the Pacific Ocean, featuring a marine-influenced micro climate that produce the finest growing conditions for Chardonnay and Pinot Noir in the world.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 15857Created Date: UnknownEdit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionLocked: Only the owner may edit this vineyard
Contact-Us if you would like to request the ability to edit this vineyard
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.ā€¯ American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.