- Planted Area
74720 Indian Valley RoadSan Miguel, CA, 93451
- Everyvine Rating
Not ratedEveryvine has not found enough evidence to rate this vineyard. Learn more...
Grape DetailsVarietals: Zinfandel, Petite Sirah (Durif)Vine Age: 13 years (average)Wine Regions: Central Coast
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 14.81 acres
Wine HistoryGrapes from these blocks have been used in the following wines:
|1.||Zenaida Cellars (2012)||$ -|
|2.||Pulchella Winery (2012)||$ -|
|3.||Silver Horse (2009)||$38|
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||2030.99|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (4)
- Block: 1 (4.1 acres)Grape: Zinfandel1072.75 ft. | Chamise, LinneView block details
- Block: 2 (6.41 acres)Grape: Petite Sirah (Durif)1072.66 ft. | Chamise, LinneView block details
- Block: 3 (3.21 acres)Grape: Zinfandel1073.78 ft. | Chamise, LinneView block details
- Block: 4 (1.09 acres)Grape: Zinfandel1019.21 ft. | Chamise, LinneView block details
About Mainini Vineyard
Located on border of Southern Monterey County & Northern San Luis Obispo County. Monterey County Appellation. Elevation to 1130 ft. Calcareous soil. Prime, head-pruned, dry-farmed. Wide diurnal swing, with a bit hotter and a bit cooler temperatures than San Miguel. Spacing 6X12, 605 vines per acre. 14 A. (1 A. trellised). Isolated location, good air-flow, all hand picked and pruned. Vineyard developed & planted in 2000, for Kent Rosenblum of Rosenblum Cellars; his choice of varietals and clones; with Richard Sauret (vineyard mgr. for 5 years), who laid-out the vineyard. Kent wanted another vineyard with these clones and varietals in this area, due to fruit-forward quality of grapes. Approx. 5 A. Zinfandel - Clones; St. Peter's Church, Sauret, and 1 A. St Charles. Approx. 8 A. Petite Sirah- Clones: Rockpile and Palisades. Most vines field grafted with wood from original vineyards. Had 10 year contract with Rosenblum. Interested in long-term contract.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 2407Created Date: July 16, 2012Edit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionLocked: Only the owner may edit this vineyard
Contact-Us if you would like to request the ability to edit this vineyard
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Using monthly and annual temperature data. Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.” American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.