Gold Rated VineyardOne or more blocks of this vineyard are Gold RatedAbout Everyvine vineyard ratings
- Planted Area
2355 West Dry Creek RoadHealdsburg, CA, 95448
Grape DetailsVarietals: Syrah, Viognier, Cabernet SauvignonVine Age: 20.3 years (average)Wine Regions: Dry Creek Valley, North Coast, Northern Sonoma
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 8.31 acres
Wine HistoryGrapes from these blocks have been used in the following wines:
|1.||Paolo's Vineyard Syrah (2002)||$38|
Farm CertificationsCertified: Demeter Certified Biodynamic
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1890.7|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (8)
- Block: 1(1.84 acres)Grape: Syrah371.64 ft. | LaughlinView block details
- Block: 2S(0.65 acres)Grape: Syrah430.51 ft. | Josephine, LaughlinView block details
- Block: 2V(0.26 acres)Grape: Viognier423.89 ft. | JosephineView block details
- Block: 3(1.34 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon474.55 ft. | Josephine, LaughlinView block details
- Block: 4(1.28 acres)Grape: Syrah499.04 ft. | JosephineView block details
- Block: 5(1.79 acres)Grape: Syrah492.6 ft. | JosephineView block details
- Block: 6(0.44 acres)Grape: Syrah520.96 ft. | JosephineView block details
- Block: 7(0.71 acres)Grape: Syrah551.06 ft. | JosephineView block details
About Paolo's Vineyard
Montemaggiore's mission is to consistently produce world-class Syrahs and olive oils in a sustainable manner. We intend to produce exceptional wines vintage after vintage, attainable with our extraordinary estate grapes. We also intend to be good stewards of the land, growing our grapes and olives using organic and Biodynamic® farming practices. Ultimately, we want to produce wine that you are proud to share with your friends and family.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 652Created Date: UnknownEdit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionUnlocked: Anyone may edit this vineyard
If you are the owner of this vineyard you can lock editing. If locked, a vineyard is not editable by anyone other than the owner. You can lock the vineyard on this page
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.â€ť American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.