Platinum Rated VineyardOne or more blocks of this vineyard are Platinum RatedAbout Everyvine vineyard ratings
- Planted Area
1341 Niebaum LaneRutherford, CA, 94573
Grape DetailsVarietals: Zinfandel, Cabernet SauvignonVine Age: 38.5 years (average)Wine Regions: Napa Valley, Rutherford, North Coast
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 53.7 acres
Wine HistoryGrapes from these blocks have been used in the following wines:
|1.||Elyse Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Morisoli Vineyard (2007)||$56||92|
|2.||Meander Cabernet Sauvignon Morisoli Vineyard (2008)||$125||88|
|3.||Meander Cabernet Sauvignon Morisoli Vineyard (2007)||$120||89|
|4.||Georges De Latour (2014)||$145||97|
|5.||Elyse Morisoli Zinfandel (1985)||$45|
|6.||Mercury Head (2013)||$130||98|
|7.||Elyse Morisoli Cabernet Sauvignon (2008)||$85||92|
|8.||Yao Ming Family Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (2012)||$225||96|
|9.||Whitehall Lane Morisoli Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (1994)||$81||92|
|10.||The Prisoner (2000)||$50|
|12.||Etude Rutherford Cabernet Savignon (2014)||$125||95|
|13.||Sequoia Grove Morisoli Cabernet Sauvignon (2014)||$105||93|
|14.||Amici Cellars Morisoli Cabernet Sauvignon (2016)||$145||94|
|15.||V. Sattui Morisoli Cabernet Sauvignon (1994)||$105|
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1967.08|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (6)
- Block: Old Zinfandel (1.52 acres)Grape: Zinfandel206.61 ft. | BaleView block details
- Block: Phil New (9.87 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon199.35 ft. | BaleView block details
- Block: Phil Old (7.34 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon206.29 ft. | BaleView block details
- Block: PM (17.08 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon207.94 ft. | Bale, PleasantonView block details
- Block: Zieger(10.77 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon196.88 ft. | Bale, PleasantonView block details
- Block: Zieger Zinfandel (7.12 acres)Grape: Zinfandel192.32 ft. | Bale, PleasantonView block details
About Morisoli Vineyard
Located between Niebaum and Manley lanes in Rutherford, less than a mile west of Highway 29 in the center of the Rutherford Bench. The gravelly bale clay loam and well drained soil yields a wine of great structure and abundant fruit flavors. The 53 acres of planted Cabernet Sauvignon and Zinfandel vines are bordered by: Inglenook to the North, Scarecrow to the West and Phelps to the East. The vineyard is farmed the same way it has been for 5 generations; by hand and with old reliable tractors. The oldest section of the Morisoli Vineyard was orignally planted in the 1880s on own rootstock, this section was gradually replanted on St. George rootstock from 1902-1908 as the own rooted vines died of phylloxera. This section of vineyard remained through prohibition and its grapes were sold for sacramental wine to the Christian Brothers Winery. This Old Vine Zinfandel field blend is still in production today and yields around 2 tons per acre.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 2040Created Date: UnknownEdit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionLocked: Only the owner may edit this vineyard
Contact-Us if you would like to request the ability to edit this vineyard
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.” American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.