- Planted Area
6460 Slug Gulch RoadFair Play, CA, 95684
- Everyvine Rating
Not ratedEveryvine has not found enough evidence to rate this vineyard. Learn more...
Grape DetailsVarietals: Alicante Bouschet, Malbec, Sauvignon Blanc (Fumé blanc)Vine Age: 17 years (average)Wine Regions: El Dorado, Fair Play, Sierra Foothills
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 1.97 acres
Wine HistoryThere are currently no known wines associated with these grapes. Edit the vineyard blocks to add wines.
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1764.85|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (3)
- Block: Fiddlehead Alicante (0.12 acres)Grape: Alicante Bouschet2401.3 ft. | HollandView block details
- Block: Fiddlehead Malbec (0.95 acres)Grape: Malbec2432.49 ft. | HollandView block details
- Block: Fiddlehead Sauvignon Blanc (0.9 acres)Grape: Sauvignon Blanc (Fumé blanc)2404.95 ft. | HollandView block details
About Fiddlehead Vineyard
Planted in 2003. The vineyard has a lush fringe of ferns. They're not Fiddlehead ferns, but John's father was a violin maker who referred to his creations as "fiddles."
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 2906Created Date: September 9, 2012Edit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionLocked: Only the owner may edit this vineyard
Contact-Us if you would like to request the ability to edit this vineyard
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.â€ť American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).