Doc's Ranch Vineyard
Gold Rated VineyardOne or more blocks of this vineyard are Gold RatedAbout Everyvine vineyard ratings
Sheets Vineyards LLC
Doc's Ranch Vineyard
- Planted Area
3945 Doc's Ranch RoadOccidental, CA, 95465
Grape DetailsVarietals: Pinot Noir, ChardonnayVine Age: 10.6 years (average)Wine Regions: Freestone-Occidental, North Coast, Sonoma Coast, West Sonoma Coast
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 9.65 acres
Wine HistoryGrapes from these blocks have been used in the following wines:
|1.||2009 Evening Land Doc's Ranch Vineyard Pinot Noir (2009)||$50||91|
|2.||Red Car Pinot Noir Doc's Ranch Vineyard (2012)||$68|
|3.||Red Car Pinot Noir Doc's Ranch Vineyard (2011)||$65|
|4.||Evening Land Doc's Ranch Vineyard (2007)||$ -|
Farm CertificationsCertified: Fish Friendly Farming
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1395.05|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (7)
- Block: 1(0.67 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir954.24 ft. | YorkvilleView block details
- Block: 2 (0.17 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir930.16 ft. | YorkvilleView block details
- Block: 3(2.66 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir904.05 ft. | YorkvilleView block details
- Block: 4(2.25 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir826.03 ft. | YorkvilleView block details
- Block: 5(1.48 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir781.73 ft. | YorkvilleView block details
- Block: 6 (1.03 acres)Grape: Chardonnay715.2 ft. | YorkvilleView block details
- Block: Home Block(1.39 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir1027.83 ft. | Kneeland variant, YorkvilleView block details
About Doc's Ranch Vineyard
Nearly 10 acres of super-premium pinot noir and chardonnay grown on a pristine bluff at approximately 1000' elevation, overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Point Reyes National Seashore. Southern exposure with N-S rows slightly offset. Calera, Pommard, 114 and Swan pinot noir, plus an acre of Chardonnay 5.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 2884Created Date: August 27, 2012Edit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionLocked: Only the owner may edit this vineyard
Contact-Us if you would like to request the ability to edit this vineyard
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.” American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.