Signal Ridge Vineyards
Bronze Rated VineyardOne or more blocks of this vineyard are Bronze RatedAbout Everyvine vineyard ratings
Signal Ridge Vineyards
Signal Ridge Vineyards
- Planted Area
9801 Signal Ridge RdPhilo, CA, 95466
Grape DetailsVarietals: Pinot Noir, Zinfandel, Petite Sirah (Durif)Wine Regions: Mendocino Ridge, North CoastHillside Locations: Yes
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 15.78 acres
Wine HistoryGrapes from these blocks have been used in the following wines:
|1.||BAXTER Signal Ridge Vineyard Dry Rose Mendocino Ridge (2010)||$18|
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1487.35|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (13)
- Block: 1 (0.26 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir2573.05 ft. | GarciaView block details
- Block: 10 (1.38 acres)Grape: Zinfandel2496.79 ft. | Garcia, WoodinView block details
- Block: 11(2.11 acres)Grape: Zinfandel2438.41 ft. | WoodinView block details
- Block: 12 (0.85 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir2579.86 ft. | GarciaView block details
- Block: 13 (0.97 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir2338.84 ft. | GarciaView block details
- Block: 2 (0.48 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir2565.51 ft. | GarciaView block details
- Block: 3 (1.53 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir2526.49 ft. | GarciaView block details
- Block: 4 (1.97 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir2468.67 ft. | GarciaView block details
- Block: 5 (1.46 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir2498.2 ft. | GarciaView block details
- Block: 6 (0.28 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir2332.41 ft. | GarciaView block details
- Block: 7 (1.12 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir2379.82 ft. | GarciaView block details
- Block: 8 (2.34 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir2414.96 ft. | GarciaView block details
- Block: 9 (1.03 acres)Grape: Petite Sirah (Durif)2481.91 ft. | Garcia, WoodinView block details
About Signal Ridge Vineyards
2700' elevation, 9 miles to the pacific above the cloud line in the Mendocino Ridge
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 2327Created Date: April 16, 2012Edit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionLocked: Only the owner may edit this vineyard
Contact-Us if you would like to request the ability to edit this vineyard
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.” American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.