Silver Rated VineyardOne or more blocks of this vineyard are Silver RatedAbout Everyvine vineyard ratings
- Planted Area
5000 NE Sokol Blosser LaneDayton, OR, 97114
Grape DetailsVarietals: Müller-Thurgau, Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris (Pinot Grigio), RieslingVine Age: 12 years (average)Wine Regions: Dundee Hills, Willamette Valley
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 95.66 acres
Wine HistoryGrapes from these blocks have been used in the following wines:
|1.||Estate, Dundee Hills, Pinot Noir (2012)||$60|
|2.||Sokol Blosser, Dundee Hills, Pinot Gris (2012)||$18|
|3.||Sokol Blosser, Goosepen Block, Pinot Noir (2012)||$85|
|4.||Sokol Blosser, Big Tree Block, Pinot Noir (2012)||$75|
|5.||Dundee Hills Pinot Noir (2012)||$40|
Farm CertificationsCertified: Fish Friendly FarmingCertified: Salmon-SafeCertified: Sustainability in PracticeCertified: USDA Organic
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1193.42|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (13)
- Block: Betty (3.46 acres)Grape: Müller-Thurgau215.49 ft. | WoodburnView block details
- Block: Big Tree(5.45 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir502.36 ft. | JoryView block details
- Block: Blackberry(13.88 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir391.45 ft. | JoryView block details
- Block: Bluebird (1.7 acres)Grape: Pinot Gris (Pinot Grigio)261.66 ft. | WoodburnView block details
- Block: Cattail (3.05 acres)Grape: Pinot Gris (Pinot Grigio)216.9 ft. | Amity, WoodburnView block details
- Block: Concert (19.18 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir289.83 ft. | Jory, WoodburnView block details
- Block: Fir Island(4.65 acres)Grape: Pinot Gris (Pinot Grigio)328.31 ft. | JoryView block details
- Block: Goosepen Block(2.67 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir484.41 ft. | JoryView block details
- Block: Old Vineyard(7.39 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir518.55 ft. | JoryView block details
- Block: Peach Tree & Orchard(13.74 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir367.13 ft. | Jory, NekiaView block details
- Block: Red House (2.41 acres)Grape: Riesling233.25 ft. | WoodburnView block details
- Block: Walnut (7.47 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir316 ft. | Jory, NekiaView block details
- Block: Watershed(10.61 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir538.26 ft. | JoryView block details
About Sokol Blosser
Sokol Blosser was established in 1971 and currently includes 86 acres of mostly Pinot Noir which are all certified organic.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 1008Created Date: UnknownEdit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionUnlocked: Anyone may edit this vineyard
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.ā€¯ American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).