- Planted Area
19550 Geyserville AvenueGeyserville, CA, 95441
- Everyvine Rating
Not ratedEveryvine has not found enough evidence to rate this vineyard. Learn more...
Grape DetailsVarietals: Malbec, Cabernet FrancWine Regions: Alexander Valley, North Coast, Northern Sonoma
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 247.6 acres
Wine HistoryThere are currently no known wines associated with these grapes. Edit the vineyard blocks to add wines.
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1905.96|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (5)
- Block: 1 (49.97 acres)Grape: Malbec191.2 ft. | Alluvial land, YoloView block details
- Block: 2 (65.27 acres)Grape: Cabernet Franc190.94 ft. | Alluvial land, Pleasanton, YoloView block details
- Block: 3 (127.64 acres)Grape: Unknown194.41 ft. | Alluvial land, Arbuckle, Cole, Cortina, PleasantonView block details
- Block: 4 (2.15 acres)Grape: Unknown231.58 ft. | Arbuckle, PleasantonView block details
- Block: 5 (2.57 acres)Grape: Unknown218.07 ft. | Arbuckle, PleasantonView block details
About Nervo Ranch
At the site of the old stone winery is our Nervo Ranch. At 250 acres, it is our largest ranch and home to the winery. It is located on the western bank of the Russian River, in the heart of the Alexander Valley. Our Red WineCabernet Sauvignon component comes from this ranch. On the undulating swales of the valley is Block 4. It is a single selection of the Bordeaux clone 339 Cabernet Sauvignon. The soils are described as clay loam over clay loam subsoilís. The vineyard and location are perfectly matched for producing intense Cabernet Sauvignon.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 1780Created Date: UnknownEdit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionUnlocked: Anyone may edit this vineyard
If you are the owner of this vineyard you can lock editing. If locked, a vineyard is not editable by anyone other than the owner. You can lock the vineyard on this page
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.‚ÄĚ American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.