Bronze Rated VineyardOne or more blocks of this vineyard are Bronze RatedAbout Everyvine vineyard ratings
- Planted Area
Grape DetailsVarietals: Petite Sirah (Durif), Syrah, ZinfandelVine Age: 10.5 years (average)Wine Regions: Central Coast, San Antonio Valley
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 13.31 acres
Wine HistoryGrapes from these blocks have been used in the following wines:
|1.||Hidden Oak Winery - Zinfandel (2014)||$ -|
|2.||Hidden Oak Winery - Zinfandel (2013)||$ -|
|3.||Hidden Oak Winery - Zinfandel (2010)||$30|
|4.||Hidden Oak Winery - Zinfandel (2012)||$ -|
|5.||Lepe Cellars - Zinfandel (2015)||$28|
|6.||Majestic Oak Vineyards - Syrah (2015)||$ -|
|7.||Turley Cellars - Juvenile (2015)||$ -|
|8.||Hidden Oak Winery - Zinfandel (2015)||$ -|
|9.||Lepe Cellars - Zinfandel (2017)||$28|
|10.||Lepe Cellars - Syrah Rose (2016)||$22|
|11.||Noble Oaks - Zinfandel (2016)||$ -|
|12.||Turley Cellars - Juvenile (2016)||$ -|
|13.||Hidden Oak Winery - Zinfandel (2016)||$ -|
|14.||Lepe Cellars - Zinfandel (2016)||$ -|
|15.||Magestic Oak Vineyards - Zinfandel (2015)||$ -|
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||2054.18|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (6)
- Block: Petite Sirah 1 (1.98 acres)Grape: Petite Sirah (Durif)1097.35 ft. | LockwoodView block details
- Block: Petite Sirah 2 (1.09 acres)Grape: Petite Sirah (Durif)1105.34 ft. | LockwoodView block details
- Block: Syrah 1(2.71 acres)Grape: Syrah1086.04 ft. | RinconView block details
- Block: Syrah 2 (0.68 acres)Grape: Syrah1078.57 ft. | RinconView block details
- Block: Zinfandel 1 (2.84 acres)Grape: Zinfandel1088.99 ft. | View block details
- Block: Zinfandel 2 (4.01 acres)Grape: Zinfandel1089.38 ft. | LockwoodView block details
About Wellong Vineyards
Head Trained - Hand Harvested. Sustainable vineyard practices.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 132357Created Date: UnknownEdit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionLocked: Only the owner may edit this vineyard
Contact-Us if you would like to request the ability to edit this vineyard
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.” American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.