Wentworth Vineyard and Ranch
Wentworth Vineyard and Ranch
- Planted Area
- Everyvine Rating
Not ratedEveryvine has not found enough evidence to rate this vineyard. Learn more...
Grape DetailsVarietals: Pinot Noir, Grüner Veltliner, ChardonnayVine Age: 4 years (average)Wine Regions: Mendocino Ridge, North Coast
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 7.22 acres
Wine HistoryThere are currently no known wines associated with these grapes. Edit the vineyard blocks to add wines.
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1466.94|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (10)
- Block: 1 (0.98 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir1224.86 ft. | OrnbaunView block details
- Block: 10 (0.61 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir1235.88 ft. | OrnbaunView block details
- Block: 2 (1.09 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir1235.96 ft. | OrnbaunView block details
- Block: 3 (0.38 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir1212.77 ft. | OrnbaunView block details
- Block: 4 (0.17 acres)Grape: Grüner Veltliner1182.08 ft. | OrnbaunView block details
- Block: 5 (0.7 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir1176.2 ft. | OrnbaunView block details
- Block: 6 (0.14 acres)Grape: Grüner Veltliner1207.39 ft. | OrnbaunView block details
- Block: 7 (0.27 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir1231.05 ft. | OrnbaunView block details
- Block: 8 (1.02 acres)Grape: Chardonnay1237.84 ft. | OrnbaunView block details
- Block: 9 (1.86 acres)Grape: Pinot Noir1235.41 ft. | OrnbaunView block details
About Wentworth Vineyard
Wentworth Vineyard is the home to Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Gruner Veltliner vines in the Mendocino Ridge AVA. The focus at the vineyard is on Pinot Noir - mostly Dijon clones along with some California Heritage vines. Additionally, there is an acre of Chardonnay and several hundred Gruner Veltliner vines as vineyard owner, Mark Wentworth believes that in addition to the world class Pinot Noir that the Mendocino Ridge AVA is becoming known for, there is potential to produce excellent Chardonnay and Gruner in the appellation. All vines are farmed organically.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 131558Created Date: UnknownEdit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionLocked: Only the owner may edit this vineyard
Contact-Us if you would like to request the ability to edit this vineyard
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.ā€¯ American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.