Whitehall Lane Winery
Millennium MM Vineyard
Whitehall Lane Winery
Millennium MM Vineyard
- Planted Area
1551 Zinfandel LaneSt Helena, CA, 94574
- Everyvine Rating
Not ratedEveryvine has not found enough evidence to rate this vineyard. Learn more...
Grape DetailsVarietals: Merlot, Cabernet SauvignonWine Regions: Napa Valley, North Coast, Rutherford
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 16.24 acres
Wine HistoryThere are currently no known wines associated with these grapes. Edit the vineyard blocks to add wines.
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1967.13|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (4)
- Block: 1 (3.91 acres)Grape: Merlot193.15 ft. | PleasantonView block details
- Block: 2 (0.08 acres)Grape: Unknown195.84 ft. | PleasantonView block details
- Block: 3 (7.82 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon195.02 ft. | PleasantonView block details
- Block: 4 (4.43 acres)Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon192.6 ft. | PleasantonView block details
About Millennium MM Vineyard
The Millennium MM vineyard is located less than one-half mile from the winery estate on the northwest edge of the Rutherford Appellation. This vineyard has a storied history of producing Reserve-style Cabernet Sauvignon grapes for some of Napa Valley's historic and distinguished wineries. Whitehall Lane purchased the property in 2000.Much of this 20-acre vineyard property is currently being replanted. After removing the vines at the end of 2007, we employed a scientifically engineered machine to profile the soils throughout the vineyard and isolate vineyard blocks based on soil criteria. With these results, we have created four new vineyard sub-blocks that will be planted with ideally matched rootstocks and clones in an effort to grow grapes with optimum complexity and flavor. Each block will also have its own irrigation system. Row orientation and trellis systems were matched to suit growth and sun exposure.There are a little more than four acres of Cabernet vines growing that are currently producing grapes. The remainder of the vineyard that is under redevelopment will begin producing fruit in 2011.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 3094Created Date: December 19, 2012Edit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionUnlocked: Anyone may edit this vineyard
If you are the owner of this vineyard you can lock editing. If locked, a vineyard is not editable by anyone other than the owner. You can lock the vineyard on this page
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.” American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.