Woodside Farm Vineyard
Woodside Farm Vineyard
Woodside Farm Vineyard
- Planted Area
1 VIntage CourtWoodside, CA, 94062
- Everyvine Rating
Not ratedEveryvine has not found enough evidence to rate this vineyard. Learn more...
Grape DetailsVarietals: Chardonnay, Zinfandel, MerlotVine Age: 16 years (average)Wine Regions: Santa Cruz Mountains
Vineyard SizePlanted Area: 0.97 acres
Wine HistoryThere are currently no known wines associated with these grapes. Edit the vineyard blocks to add wines.
Farm CertificationsThese blocks do not have any farm certifications
|Average Radiation Total||WH/m2|
|Biologically Effective Degree-Days||1789.46|
Temperature & Rainfall
|Average||Hi °F||Low °F||Rain in.|
No winegrapes or bulk wine sourced from this vineyard are currently available...
Planted Areas of this Vineyard (5)
- Block: 1 (0.23 acres)Grape: Chardonnay421.66 ft. | FrancisquitoView block details
- Block: 2 (0.27 acres)Grape: Zinfandel410.17 ft. | FrancisquitoView block details
- Block: 3 (0.32 acres)Grape: Merlot399.02 ft. | FrancisquitoView block details
- Block: 4 (0.09 acres)Grape: Zinfandel389.92 ft. | FrancisquitoView block details
- Block: 5 (0.06 acres)Grape: Zinfandel391.14 ft. | FrancisquitoView block details
About Woodside Farm Vineyard
We are a family operated vineyard and winery dedicated on making the best Zinfandel and Merlot wines consistent with “mother nature’s gifts”. Since 2008 we have been producing award-winning wines from our estate vineyard in Woodside, California. We believe that excellent wines come from excellent grapes. Hence, our focus is to use time-honored fundamental viticulture practices on our 2 Acre vineyard to maintain maximum health of our vines. This includes using natural fertilizers and sprays during grape maturation. We also believe that limiting production by thinning the grapes in early summer provides a more robust flavor of the final harvest. We strive to keep our Zinfandel and Merlot wines at a low alcohol content of between 12% and 14% to maximize flavors. Finally, we do not blend our wines. Our wines are 100% estate Zinfandel and Merlot wines with no filtration.
AdministrationVineyard-ID: 23078Created Date: UnknownEdit History: View Edit History of this Vineyard
Edit PermissionLocked: Only the owner may edit this vineyard
Contact-Us if you would like to request the ability to edit this vineyard
Data Notes and References
NotesFarm Certifications: See the certifications page to learn more about the farm certifications Everyvine tracks. Soil Horizon: Bedrock value set to "-" is not available. Available water capacity units are cm/cm. Solar Radiation: Area Solar radiation has been calculated in watt hours per square meter (WH/m2) Topography: Topography values are averaged over the block area. Aspect is expressed in positive degrees from 0 to 359.9, measured clockwise from north. Growing Season: For use in various statistical averages, Everyvine defines the vineyard growing season as the period April 1st to October 31st.
The vineyard data presented here is most often sourced from the public data sources listed below. However, Everyvine also accepts data from vineyard owners who often have even better data they have collected themseleves.
If you have more accurate data on a vineyard go to: Data Submission page.Topography: Topographic and solor radiation calculations are based on 1/3 arc-second (approx. 10m) elevation models. Data provided by U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), EROS Data Center, National Elevation Dataset, http://ned.usgs.gov/, 1999 Climate Indices: Calculations based on methodologies described by Gregory Jones and John Gladstones. See the following:
- Jones, G.V, Duff, A.A., Hall, A., and J. Myers (2009). Spatial analysis of climate in winegrape growing regions in the western United States.ā€¯ American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, in Press Spring 2010.
- Gladstones, J. (1992) Viticulture and environment (Winetitles: Adelaide).
- SSURGO: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) Database. Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- STATSGO2: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. U.S. General Soil Map (STATSGO2). Available online at http://soildatamart.nrcs.usda.gov.
- Web Soil Survey: Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Soil Survey. Available online at http://websoilsurvey.nrcs.usda.gov/.